Saturday, June 9, 2012

be with mine


Be with Mine from Jodi McLaren on Vimeo.

Heavy heart, I'll carry you tonight
I do my best, to try to see the bright side
I take you out downtown, just you and I
The roads are blocked, the traffic is thick


I start to cry

I start to cry, to cry - y- y- y 

I used to see your face more than my own
I used to touch your skin more than my own
I used to hear your words more than my own
I used to feel your love more than my own


What's there to feel? In my bones, what's there to feel? 

It's kind of funny, it's kind of sad
How it's so easy to hold the hand
Of someone else in their imperfection


why can't I, why can't I

be with mine? be with mine? 

I believe my heart was made to heal,
was made to breathe in love
and then exhale

and with each breathe released
I can choose
the song I sing 


so I'll let it out, let it out.

~~~~~

Jodi,
Thanks for giving the gift of being with yours... your whole self, your whole life, your whole everything. I adore every shade and side of you and your process. You truly do inspire me. Here's to being with ourselves, through and through, and when that becomes too much, remembering that we can also be with each other. Forever and ever, amen.
Love,
Rach

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Amen. Love you Rach.